Marketing your West End Condo
The old days of Selling are over. No longer are we able to twist the arm of a potential buyer
and induce them to buy your condo. The sense of urgency we had in the condo market
during the boom years has left as the inventory levels have risen. What makes a difference
now is the marketing efforts put into selling a home. It is our belief that there is one person
who is supposed to buy each condo; our job is to find that one person.
Here is how:
- Accurate Pricing. Yes, pricing is a part of marketing. If a can of Coke costs $20, you would strongly consider buying Pepsi no matter how much you love Coke. Our pricing system looks at your building, neighbourhood and demographic (who is buying these condos, what is selling in your price range in other areas). Together we will closely examine recent sales and active listings while taking into account the BC Assessment (if available) and your expectant sale price.
- Professional Photographs. Every great marketing plan features great images whether you are selling a car, a vacation or a West End Condo. Great photos catch the attention of the buyer and are the foundation of our online and print marketing campaigns.
Streaming Online Video. Online video is the best way to expose your home to International Buyers. In today’s age of Real Estate the first showing is now online. People do not have the time or the patience to drive from here to there house shopping; they need to be able to view your condo when they want from where they want.
- Dynamic Web Presence. It is estimated that 90% of home Buyers in North America go online to look for properties before ever calling a Realtor. Your condo will be advertised on an industry leading 7800+ websites including: MyWestEndCondo.com (featured listing) our teams growing network of sites and partner sites, the CENTURY 21 system, online classified sites and of course Realtor.ca, Realtylink.org and MLXchange Network (the Realtor's MLS)
- Print Media. Print Marketing is a large part of our marketing plan, but in a different way than you might expect. First we customize feature sheets for your home, highlighting your property with photos and complete listing information. Next our “Just Listed” flyers are sent to your neighbourhood letting your neighbours know your home is for sale (not to sell to your neighbours but to their sphere of influence). Where and when applicable traditional print marketing is used as well (newspaper and magazine) overall this is not the most effective use of our marketing budget but in the right situation can be effective. We will discuss this throughout the course of the listing contract.
- Personal Showings. Your home will not be placed on a lock box; someone from our team will be at your home during all showings and will escort potential Buyers through your home. For your convenience, all showings will require at least 24 hours notice (unless the property is vacant). We will screen potential Buyers before they come to your home, ensuring they are serious and prequalified Buyers.
- Open Houses. Yes we do Open Houses and yes, they are effective (to an extent). As with our personal showings visitors are never left to freely roam through your condo nor do we 'buzz' people up. Visitors are escorted from the front lobby, through your condo and back downstairs.
- Email Marketing. What better way to send information around the word to people who actually want it. Remember 1999 when SPAM was a marketer’s best friend? Email marketing has come a long way since then and is now is based on permission and information rather than flashy headlines and an overflow of incoming emails. We email your listing to our entire database of clients, contacts and Realtors.
- Social Media and Google. Social Media has emerged as one of the most powerful marketing tools of the past two years. Our Social Media medium of choice is Twitter for the simple fact that Twitter is permission based. The people who follow us on Twitter genuinely want to know what is going on in the Vancouver Real Estate Market. Every new listing, showing, Open House and price adjustment is broadcast to our list of followers, often with a picture or link attached. Google is the king of online advertising. For each of our listings we start a separate keyword and demographic targeted Google AdWord campaign that runs from day one until the listing is sold. This is the fastest way for your home to be found on Google.
- CENTURY 21. CENTURY 21 is the largest and most recognized Real Estate Company in the world with more than 7700 offices in 66 Countries and Territories worldwide and more than 120,000 licensed sales associates. We are a global network working as a team to sell your home. As the Real Estate market changes so to do our strategies need to change. The “all for me” approach is being replaced with the team approach and global collaborations.
We have developed a 30 point marketing plan designed specificly for the uniqu market that si the West End. To hear more about the little things we do that make a big difference call Craig 604.505.6503.
Tell us about your West End Condo
If you are thinking about selling your condo in the West End and would like some more information please fill out the form below and we will get back to you within 12 hours-promise.
P.S. If you subscribe to our newsletter you will automatically be entered into a monthly draw for a West End prize package!